The winners of the 2019 Y-PIF Award is the Lansing Christian 1st grade class who packed over 900 bags of food as “weekend survival kits” for hungry kids.
What is ePIFanyNow™?
The mission of ePIFanyNow™ is to create a revolution of positive transformational experiences through exponential acts of kindness.
The spelling is a bit unusual… but you too can have an epiphany right now to Pass – It (Kindness) – Forward. We know that when you do something kind for someone else, it’s eventually returned to you! We believe strongly that Mahatma Gandhi was onto something big when he said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Each year ePIFanyNow™ organizes a large group of people to come together and celebrate the power of kindness. If you want to experience something powerful, non-religious, and lots of fun, then please join us for our annual gathering. We will honor local youth passing kindness forward with the annual Y-PIF™ Award and we will also honor a local HERO making a difference.
The next ePIFanyNow™ event is scheduled for Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 1-3 p.m. at the main headquarters of the MSU Federal Credit Union located at 3777 West Road in East Lansing.
What is Y-PIF™?
The Y-PIF™ award is given annually to a young person whose extraordinary kindness inspires us all.
The 2018 Y-PIF™ winner was Karena Short. Karena donated $739.00 (the funds she raised through the Y-PIF™ Award) to the Ronald McDonald House of Lansing.
Karena’s school, Waverly Middle School, also received $500 towards a Pass-It-Forward Initiative.
Karena started a pop-tab drive at Waverly Middle School so she could donate them to Ronald McDonald house. She is passionate about the Ronald McDonald House because her family stayed there when Karena had to have multiple open-heart surgeries.
The little tabs you pull to open soda, soup or other aluminum cans are recycled and generate funds. The funds help pay for families who cannot afford to stay in hotels but want to be close to their child in the hospital.
Karena has collected 13,000 tabs so far; and counting. Her hope is to make this collection a yearly event at school.
Karena is doing something good from personal experience to help other families and their children in the hospital.
How it Works
The Y-PIF™ nomination process is open to all school-aged children and beyond. The process is simple and all are encouraged to attend the awards celebration!
Nominate a young person whose kindness has inspired you.
The ePIFanyNow™ board will review all the submissions and get back in touch with you within a few days.
Join us for the next ePIFanyNow™ event on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at the MSU Federal Credit Union headquarters at 3777 West Road in East Lansing.
Since 2012, ePIFanyNow™ has presented the Y-PIF™ award to youth Passing Kindness Forward. Below are just a few of the award recipients and nominees.
Skyler’s family has been fostering children for years. Her project, “Suitcases for Kids,” collects clothes & supplies for foster kids who often arrive with nothing.
Rachel has been a teen volunteer at the Capital Area Humane Society for four years. A tireless volunteer, Rachel has been a role model to peers and youngsters, alike.
Jeremie gained national attention for a thank-you party he hosted for police officers, whom he felt were unduly criticized in the media.
Sebastian had participated in the “Lansing Walk to End Alzheimers” for several years – before deciding to organize the first-ever kid-only walk.
Isabelle Wynn & Zoe Zielger
Isabelle & Zoe organized a 5k – and raised over $1k – for the “Life as a Zebra Foundation,” bringing awareness to those who suffer with incurable or invisible illnesses.
Rachel and her friends raised thousands of dollars for a younger neighbor with Dystonia, a rare neuro-muscular disorder.
The ePIFanyNow™ board of directors gave out the first HERO Award in 2018. The award was given posthumously to Chris Rosati of Durham, North Carolina.
Chris made it his personal mission to impact the world in a positive way and inspire thousands of children to perform random acts of kindness. Chris’ wife, Anna, and daughters, Dalany and Logan, were on hand to accept the award and share more of Chris’ mission.
Kindness is our Motive.
Passing it Forward is our Passion.
A Word From Our Founder
Meet Bob Hoffman, our founder, and see what inspires him. Then, check out what’s still inspiring him.
Don’t Take Our Word for It…
We’re grateful to have received so much coverage for the work we do. We appreciate it. But we appreciate the kids more.
Help Us Spread the Kindess…
With so much negativity in the news today, we’re happy to tell stories of hope, love, and kindness. Will you help to support our mission?
Recent/Featured Posts on Kindness
- Female Inmates Are Helping to Save Endangered Butterfly Species From Behind Prison WallsMore than 1,200 of the endangered Taylor's checkerspot butterfly have been raised and released through the prison's conservation program. The post Female Inmates Are Helping to Save Endangered Butterfly Species From Behind Prison Walls appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »
- Two Teen Sisters Have Been Reading Bedtime Stories for Children on Facebook Live Every NightZaria and Hailey Willard have been using social media to share their love of books with other children who may not be as fortunate. The post Two Teen Sisters Have Been Reading Bedtime Stories for Children on Facebook Live Every Night appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »
- Good News in History, August 22Happy 80th Birthday to actress Valerie Harper, the two-time cancer survivor who was advised last month to go into hospice care. Best known for her role as Rhoda Morgenstern on the beloved 70s sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff series Rhoda, she was given three months to… Read more »
- This Seventh Grader Donated All $15,000 of His County Fair Earnings to a Children’s HospitalAfter earning $15,000 in livestock premiums from a county fair, this youngster donated all of it to help fund children's medical research. The post This Seventh Grader Donated All $15,000 of His County Fair Earnings to a Children’s Hospital appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »
- Conservationists Successfully Swoop in to Save Last of Known Endangered Frog Species Just in the Nick of TimeThese endangered amphibians had been struggling to survive in a dried up riverbed when Chilean conservationists came to their rescue last month. The post Conservationists Successfully Swoop in to Save Last of Known Endangered Frog Species Just in the Nick of Time appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »