Have you been inspired by a young person’s extraordinary kindness? Tell us about it!
What is ePIFanyNow™?
The mission of ePIFanyNow™ is to create a revolution of positive transformational experiences through exponential acts of kindness.
The spelling is a bit unusual… but you too can have an epiphany right now to Pass – It (Kindness) – Forward. We know that when you do something kind for someone else, it’s eventually returned to you! We believe strongly that Mahatma Gandhi was onto something big when he said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Each year ePIFanyNow™ organizes a large group of people to come together and celebrate the power of kindness. If you want to experience something powerful, non-religious, and lots of fun, then please join us for our annual gathering. We will honor local youth passing kindness forward with the annual Y-PIF™ Award and we will also honor a local HERO making a difference.
The next ePIFanyNow™ event is scheduled for Sunday, May 5, 2019 from 1-3 p.m. at the main headquarters of the MSU Federal Credit Union located at 3777 West Road in East Lansing.
What is Y-PIF™?
The Y-PIF™ award is given annually to a young person whose extraordinary kindness inspires us all.
The 2018 Y-PIF™ winner was Karena Short. Karena donated $739.00 (the funds she raised through the Y-PIF™ Award) to the Ronald McDonald House of Lansing.
Karena’s school, Waverly Middle School, also received $500 towards a Pass-It-Forward Initiative.
Karena started a pop-tab drive at Waverly Middle School so she could donate them to Ronald McDonald house. She is passionate about the Ronald McDonald House because her family stayed there when Karena had to have multiple open-heart surgeries.
The little tabs you pull to open soda, soup or other aluminum cans are recycled and generate funds. The funds help pay for families who cannot afford to stay in hotels but want to be close to their child in the hospital.
Karena has collected 13,000 tabs so far; and counting. Her hope is to make this collection a yearly event at school.
Karena is doing something good from personal experience to help other families and their children in the hospital.
How it Works
The Y-PIF™ nomination process is open to all school-aged children and beyond. The process is simple and all are encouraged to attend the awards celebration!
Nominate a young person whose kindness has inspired you.
The ePIFanyNow™ board will review all the submissions and get back in touch with you within a few days.
Join us for the next ePIFanyNow™ event on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at the MSU Federal Credit Union headquarters at 3777 West Road in East Lansing.
Since 2012, ePIFanyNow™ has presented the Y-PIF™ award to youth Passing Kindness Forward. Below are just a few of the award recipients and nominees.
Skyler’s family has been fostering children for years. Her project, “Suitcases for Kids,” collects clothes & supplies for foster kids who often arrive with nothing.
Rachel has been a teen volunteer at the Capital Area Humane Society for four years. A tireless volunteer, Rachel has been a role model to peers and youngsters, alike.
Jeremie gained national attention for a thank-you party he hosted for police officers, whom he felt were unduly criticized in the media.
Sebastian had participated in the “Lansing Walk to End Alzheimers” for several years – before deciding to organize the first-ever kid-only walk.
Isabelle Wynn & Zoe Zielger
Isabelle & Zoe organized a 5k – and raised over $1k – for the “Life as a Zebra Foundation,” bringing awareness to those who suffer with incurable or invisible illnesses.
Rachel and her friends raised thousands of dollars for a younger neighbor with Dystonia, a rare neuro-muscular disorder.
The ePIFanyNow™ board of directors gave out the first HERO Award in 2018. The award was given posthumously to Chris Rosati of Durham, North Carolina.
Chris made it his personal mission to impact the world in a positive way and inspire thousands of children to perform random acts of kindness. Chris’ wife, Anna, and daughters, Dalany and Logan, were on hand to accept the award and share more of Chris’ mission.
Kindness is our Motive.
Passing it Forward is our Passion.
A Word From Our Founder
Meet Bob Hoffman, our founder, and see what inspires him. Then, check out what’s still inspiring him.
Don’t Take Our Word for It…
We’re grateful to have received so much coverage for the work we do. We appreciate it. But we appreciate the kids more.
Help Us Spread the Kindess…
With so much negativity in the news today, we’re happy to tell stories of hope, love, and kindness. Will you help to support our mission?
Recent/Featured Posts on Kindness
- World Bank is Giving $22 Billion in Funding to Help All of Africa Stave Off Climate ChangeThe entire continent of Africa is set to receive a huge financial windfall from the World Bank in order to mitigate and adapt to climate change. The post World Bank is Giving $22 Billion in Funding to Help All of Africa Stave Off Climate Change appeared first on Good News… Read more »
- Finding Out Boyhood Heist Hero Was His Own Dad Brings Gift of Knowing What Makes a Man (MOTH Monday)Not many people can say that their father was also their childhood crime hero – but that discovery has taught Liel Leibowitz an invaluable lesson. The post Finding Out Boyhood Heist Hero Was His Own Dad Brings Gift of Knowing What Makes a Man (MOTH Monday) appeared first on Good News… Read more »
- Picture of Man Carrying an Older Woman Up Some Arena Stairs is Capturing HeartsWhen this firefighter saw a woman struggling to climb a set of stadium stairs during concert, he did not hesitate to jump into action. The post Picture of Man Carrying an Older Woman Up Some Arena Stairs is Capturing Hearts appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »
- When Fire Leaves 500 Muslims Without Place of Worship, Synagogue Opens Their DoorsA New York City synagogue's act of compassion towards their Islamic neighbors has been inspiring thousands of people across social media. The post When Fire Leaves 500 Muslims Without Place of Worship, Synagogue Opens Their Doors appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »
- This Turkey’s Got Authority! Holds Up Traffic So His Fellow Fowl Can Cross the Road (WATCH)Never before has a crossing guard shown such brazen defiance for its feathered friends in the face of bewildered human motorists. The post This Turkey’s Got Authority! Holds Up Traffic So His Fellow Fowl Can Cross the Road (WATCH) appeared first on Good News Network. Read more »